Sunday 14 August 2011

Why do we need to differentiate?



“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” 
-Albert Einstein
Thanks to Joe Bower for sharing this from: for the love of learning

Enjoy Animals School-I have posted it before but I feel it has a lot to say and it fits so well with Joe's message.


"An eye-opening reflection on how many view children and too often how we teach children in our current education system."



Kids are individuals with their own strengths and talents. These must be recognised both by students and their parents and teachers, then developed and enhanced. 

1 comment:

Syahnan said...

This is so true, I might not be the smartest and the most diligent in the class but I like to be on the list of student with high marks. I often took the core of the lessons that I quite like. So, i can told my teacher / lecturer in writing about the subject in a more rationale way (close to clommon sense), and seemed they liked it, that's why i almost always got 'not bad' grades.

Later in my work experience, i found myself as 'supporting' rather than a big leader, but I am always good in driving the team and lead them to get what is expected. I am quite good at listening, taking notes in details, try to digest by making myself stand on their shoes which lead to my fuller understanding of the top leader's expectation. With my understanding, i will draw a plan, also in details, of how to reach that expectation. Most of the time, people like it.

Before come into the closing, I'd like to let the readers know that I am not a guy who is popular in crowd with chit-chatting and in fact I never like it. What I really love to do is to talk about a program of how to make life better and easier. I can sit there all day to discuss the objective of the program and its plan to make it happens.

So, after a quite a long way, i found myself. Where I am good at and not too push too hard on certain things that I am not too good at.

If I had the kind of teacher that can help me finding myself faster it would be great.
So, I am a great supporter of teacher or mentor or coach or leader to find the strength of someone and help them to develop it to the top.